école élémentaire du LFIA
The primary school includes classes from the first to the fifth year . The fundamental learning cycle spans from first to fifth year and the beginning of the deepening knowledge cycle from fourth year to sixth year. The goal here is to acquire a solid foundation in the subjects covered by the French Ministry of Education.
Elementary eduction must help all pupils succeed. Mastering the French language and basic skills (reading, writing, counting) is key, as is the learning of a second language.
Primary school is where children begin to build their personality, develop their independence and learn about social life.
As a French school abroad, LFIA is committed to open-mindedness towards the language and culture of the host country, and to its pupils’ cultures of origin.
These are the fundamental learning years. The aim of the classes is to acquire a solid foundation in all subjects.
French school programs aim to give pupils a solid knowledge and cultural base and a common set of skills. They focus on 5 main areas:
- Languages for thought and communication ;
- Methods and tools for learning;
- Training the individual and the citizen;
- The way nature and things work;
- Portraying the world and human activities.
With this in mind, our teaching syllabus has been carefully prepared, taking into account the requirements of trilingual learning, so that our students can flourish in class and develop their knowledge across a wide range of fields:
- Children develop their logic thanks to subjects like geometry or problem solving;
- Children learn to organise their ideas, prepare for the events that mark the year, and manage their own work;
- We teach them the concepts of time, space and environment;
- Physical education, music and art complete this important phase in the child’s development.
We encourage children to be original, creative and autonomous in all their learning. They present their work on a regular basis, thereby gaining self-confidence and organisational skills. We also encourage pupils to develop their spirit of cooperation by working in small groups..